Friday 29 June 2018

preorder A Transect of Shackleton Knoll by Spaceship




"I wanted to create a piece along the route from Lumb Hole to Blake Dean, two popular and beautiful spots in adjacent river valleys. The route took me past a ruined farmhouse marked 'Coppy' on the map, a collapsed shooting butt on Shackleton Knoll itself, what appeared to be an overgrown Victorian landscaped waterfall valley, a section of woodland river and finally to the stone supports that once held up the railway which moved the stone for local reservoir construction.

I could not complete the recordings all at once so, over a period of four evenings and one morning, I would start at Lumb Hole and venture a little further to my recording location, before returning. On the Thursday I walked the entire distance to Blake Dean and back, a round trip of a coincidental 7.7km.

The sections of the piece reflect the atmosphere of the locations. All the parts were recorded in the field using an iPad, a midi keyboard, a blue tooth speaker and a portable multi-track recorder."

Art by Maxim Peter Griffin

releases July 13, 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment